Huron Valley State Bank Partners with Cygnet Institute For 2016 Winter Series Offering Adult Financial Literacy to the Community
Milford, MI, January 2016 – Huron Valley State Bank (HVSB) and the Cygnet Institute partnered to offer a comprehensive adult financial literacy program for the community through the area libraries in the fall of 2015. To continue this partnership in 2016, the Waterford Public Library, Highland Township Public Library and the Milford Public Library are once again offering the 2016 Winter Series seminars on Personal Finance.
The Cygnet Institute of Personal Financial Literacy is a non-profit organization. The workshops will adhere to the Fiduciary Standard and are designed to be a true educational experience without a sales pitch. "Financial Literacy is a key to the success of any community. These workshops for public libraries are designed to help people with their financial decisions with no sales pitch or follow up solicitations. Regardless of your stage in life, everyone can benefit from these hands on classes," said Ted Lakkides®, CFP® founder and President of Cygnet Institute for Personal Financial Literacy.
"Huron Valley State Bank is committed to our community. These programs are very interactive and practical, and have been well received by the participants. They also tie directly into the bank's mission of promoting financial literacy," said Jack Shubitowski, President and CEO.
The schedule of offerings is as follows:
Waterford Public Library, 5168 Civic Center Dr, Waterford Twp. 248.674.4831
- Monday, January 25, 7:00-8:30 pm, Investment Fees and Retirement Risks
- Thursday, February 18, 7:00-8:30 pm, Education Funding
- Monday, February 22, 7:00-8:30 pm, Income Tax Planning
- Tuesday, March 15, 7:00-8:30 pm, Social Security
- Thursday, March 24, 7:00-8:30 pm, Budgeting
Highland Township Library, 444 Beach Farm Circle, Highland, 248.887.2218
- Tuesday, January 26, 6:30-8:00 pm, Death of a Loved One
- Thursday, February 4, 6:30-8:00 pm, Investment Fees and Retirement Risks
- Thursday, March 17, 6:30-8:00 pm, Income Tax Planning
- Thursday, March 31, 6:30-8:00 pm, Social Security
Milford Public Library, 330 Family Drive, Milford, 248.684.0845
- Thursday, January 21, 6:30-8:00 pm, Budgeting
- Tuesday, February 16, 6:30-8:00 pm, Budgeting
- Thursday, March 10, 6:30-8:00, Death of a Loved One
Huron Valley State Bank's school bank program provides elementary aged students with hands-on experience in basic financial management and experience in banking. Huron Valley State Bank operates school banks in partnerships with Spring Mills Elementary and Johnson Elementary. Headquartered in Milford, Huron Valley State Bank offers a full range of checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, consumer loans, commercial loans and other financial services. The Milford branch is located at 130 S. Milford Rd. in Milford. Call (248) 684-9626. The Highland branch is located at 2920 E. Highland Rd. in Highland. Call (248) 887-9900.