Be part of a progressive bank that believes in giving back to the community, values a warm friendly atmosphere, where teamwork is how we operate, and leadership cares. Join a growing organization that has been recognized as one of Metro Detroit's Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, has been named 2021 Readers Choice Award by Best of West Oakland County and many other accolades. Not only do we have the environment, but also we have competitive benefits and unique perks that make our bank one of a kind.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Veteran. EEO is the Law
Loan Operations and Documentation Specialist
Position Summary: Motivated individual with a focus on the preparation of loan documents including assisting the lender with pre and post-closing requirements. Also, administer Commercial, Installment and Residential Loan Operations as well as other duties as required.
Essential Functions for Loan Operations:
1. Balance the General Ledger accounts on a daily basis, and month end reconcilement.
2. Field all incoming phone calls in a highly professional, and courteous manner, and provide support to the clients, or direct to appropriate staff if needed.
3. Review Loan Input for errors, and correct the errors, and follow up with the Bankers to clear any loan exceptions
4. Greet clients in the lobby
5. Processing of daily loan billings, and payment applications
6. Prepare pay off letters, mortgage discharges, UCC terminations
7. Print and prepare miscellaneous monthly reports, and upon request
8. Support Residential mortgage originator with loan closings
9. Filing, logging in, and updating insurance policy ticklers
Essential Job Functions for Loan Documentation:
1. Prepare and review loan documents on Laser Pro, including disbursement checks, for loan closings. Prepare loan documentation for Installment, Residential, and Commercial loans. Also review, and prepare loan documents for loan participations as needed
2. Book closed loans on Jack Henry(Host system). Also, ACH payment, or AFT payment set up when booking.
3. Ordering of surveys, title commitment and searches, credit reports, UCC’s, insurance, etc.
4. Review title commitments, UCC searches, property tax monitoring.
5. Load the follow-up (tickler) information for monitoring required customer reporting, frequency, insurance and covenant compliance.
6. Follow-up after closing to verify first lien position and assist lender to clear exceptions.
7. Interact with the Compliance Officer to ensure proper compliance documentation such as customer privacy notice, Reg. B, Patriot Act, HMDA, CRA file, etc.
8. Greet clients in the lobby as necessary, and answer in coming phone calls to the Financial Center
Essential Job Requirements:
EDUCATION: High School diploma or G.E.D.
EXPERIENCE: High attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines. The ability to communicate with customers in a courteous manner and resolve or escalate any issues they may have. Experience with handling confidential information.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Proficient in Laser Pro, or willingness to learn in great detail. Proficient in Excel and Word as well as ability and willingness to learn the Jack Henry(host system).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and possibly lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion. The employee is frequently is required to stand and walk.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Interested candidates, please send cover letter and resume to Matilda Williams and Mwilliams@hvsb.com.
Huron Valley State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer